Certified SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 modules enable simplified development and accelerated time to market for IoT applications.
Dallas – Texas Instruments (TI) [NASDAQ: TXN] has announced the availability of its SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 modules for Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The new SimpleLink family was introduced earlier this year as a low-power platform to simplify the ability to connect IoT solutions.
Developers gain additional design flexibility with a certified Internet-on-a-chip module option, allowing easy integration of embedded Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity into a wide-range of home, industrial and consumer electronics. Using modules helps developers lower development costs, reduces time to market, and simplifies procurement and certification. Additionally, the modules have complete antenna reference designs for streamlined integration. For more information on the platform, visit www.ti.com/simplelinkwifi.
Designing with TI’s SimpleLink Wi-Fi platform provides an array of benefits to developers including:
- Faster time to market and greater assurance of interoperability as the modules are Wi-Fi CERTIFIED and FCC/IC/CE/TELEC certified, which can be transferred to end products.
- Flexibility to program applications using any microcontroller (MCU) with the CC3100 solution, or leverage the CC3200’s integrated, user-dedicated, programmable ARM Cortex-M4 MCU, allowing customers to run their own code on-chip.
- The industry’s lowest power consumption for battery operated devices with a low power radio and advanced low power modes supporting the ability to run on two AA batteries for more than a year.
- Simplified development for the IoT with quick connection, cloud support and on-chip Wi-Fi, Internet and robust security protocols, requiring no prior Wi-Fi experience to get a product connected.
- The ability to simply and securely connect devices to a Wi-Fi access point (AP) using a phone or tablet app, or a web browser, with multiple provisioning options including SmartConfig™ Technology, WPS and AP mode.
For more information visit www.ti.com.
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)