This report summary comes from GBI Research.
Vestas still dominates as emerging Chinese OEMs provide stiff competition to global leaders. Wind power to reach cumulative installed capacity of 658 GW by 2020.
With one of the fastest growing wind markets in the world, Chinese manufacturers have been quick to step up to meet their country’s rapidly expanding demand for renewable and certainly cleaner energy and thereby expanding their revenue significantly in the process. Four of last year’s top 10 firms in the global wind turbine market were Chinese, one of which, Sinovel Wind, took second spot. Other Chinese firms in the list include third-place Xinjiang GoldWind Science & Technology Co. Ltd., with an 8.7% share of the market; Guodian United Power, which took eighth with 7.4%; and top 10 debutant, Ming Yang Wind Power, which came tenth with a 3.6% portion of last year’s global capacity additions.
Chinese wind turbine manufacturers have benefitted from a dynamic national economy and an irrepressible hunger for energy, combined with participation in the world’s most promising renewable energy sector (emphasis added). Global wind power market growth is expected to be impressive in the foreseeable future, climbing from an estimated 2012 cumulative installed capacity of 279 gigawatts (GW) to 658 GW in 2020, at a compound annual growth rate of 11%.
GBI Research’s recent report, “Top 10 Wind Turbine Manufacturing Companies – Vestas Continues to Dominate as Emerging Chinese Players Provide Stiff Competition to Global Leaders” looks at the major global wind turbine manufacturing companies, including information on their growth strategies, as well as SWOT analyses and information on financial ratios and other areas of finance. It also highlights major product offerings.
• Overview of the global wind power market
• Overview of the global wind turbine manufacturing industry
• Information about the major wind turbine manufacturing companies
• Comparative analysis of the major companies in the wind turbine manufacturing industry
• Companies’ growth strategies and product offerings
• Financial and SWOT analysis of the top 10 companies in the wind turbine manufacturing industry
Reasons to Buy:
• Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights into the global wind turbine manufacturing industry
• Identify the major companies in the global wind turbine manufacturing industry
• Identify companies’ growth strategies and key product offerings
• Identify companies’ strengths and weaknesses and potential opportunities and threats to the industry
• Compare different companies in terms of critical parameters such as financials, important product offerings and countries of operation
Publication Date: November 2012, and single user license cost: $3,500.
Filed Under: Renewable energy