The latest generation of Inspire combines faster geometry functions with an updated user interface and expands the scope and complexity of problems it can address. Several new functions have been added based on the most common requests from the Inspire user community. These include: fasteners (bolts or screws), joints (pins or sliding pins), and contacts (bonded, contact or no contact). Leveraging these capabilities, users can easily model, optimize and analyze model assemblies.
Inspire Rely lets users realistically simulate loading conditions. It also offers support for assembly optimization, which lets you incorporate a surrounding structure into the optimizations and gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between multiple components.
Key updates include:
- Fasteners and joints—Connect multiple parts in a model using bolts, screws, pins or sliding pins. Inspire’s workflow identifies areas in the model with aligned holes to make the process easy and intuitive.
- Contacts—Designate whether neighboring parts should be bonded, contacting or have no contact for more realistic optimization results.
- Gravity loads—Add G loads to a model through the Model Browser.
- Updated user interface—A new ribbon-style interface organizes the tools into tabs. Customize the tabs to tailor the workflow to your process.
- Faster geometry functions—Geometry functions in the program are running up to 300% faster than previous versions of Inspire.
Filed Under: TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS, Fastening + joining • locks • latches • pins