Spurred by the growth of hydraulic fracking within the United States, flare gas regulations have become tighter, requiring companies to more closely monitor the total flow of gas on their sites. SignalFire Telemetry (Hudson, MA) introduces the Totalizer Module to work with analog or digital flow meters to provide instantaneous, total, and daily flow information of gas.
With a built-in user-configurable, real-time clock, the wireless Totalizer Module stores the last 30 daily total flows. Data can be accessed wirelessly when connected to the SignalFire Modbus-in-a-Stick (a rugged, integrated device combining a high-gain antenna with gateway electronics in a single, easily mounted package) or locally over a RS-485 Modbus RTU connection.
The SignalFire Totalizer offers the following features:
- User-configurable, 24 hour clock for daily totals.
- Instantaneous and totalized flow rates.
- 4-20 analog input scales to flow velocity (1-5V available on request).
- Digital input interface (6 to 36VDC).
- 32 days of history available via Modbus interface.
- Very low power consumption.
- Relay output for local control.
- Modbus (RS485) interface.
- Din rail mount.
For more information visit http://www.signal-fire.com/products/totalizer-module.
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)