Torrance, CA – Seiko Instruments has developed the S-5851A Series, a 2-wire serial I/O digital temperature sensor that measures temperature with a resolution of 0.0625°C without the need for external components. The S-5851A Series is ideal for wide-ranging temperature measurements in various applications that would include temperature monitoring for power supplies, temperature monitoring for batteries, and other applications where temperature monitoring may be a requirement. The S-5851A Series integrates a temperature sensor, reference voltage generation circuit, a ΔΣ type A/D converter and interface bus. Available package options for the S-5851A Series digital temperature sensor are the SOT-23-6 and SNT-6A.
Features for Seiko Instruments S-5851A Series Digital 2-wire Temperature Sensor:
• Low voltage operation: VDD (min.) = 2.7 V
• Low current consumption: 45 μA typ. (+25°C) 1 μA typ. (+25°C at shutdown)
• High Accuracy: ±2.0°C (max.) −25°C to +85°C±3.0°C (max.) −40°C to +125°C
• Temperature resolution: 0.0625°C
• Digital output: 2-wire serial interface
• Maximum operating frequency: 400 kHz
• Low power supply voltage detection circuit
• Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free
Filed Under: Electronics • electrical, Sensors (position + other), Sensors (temperature), Test + measurement • test equipment
Tell Us What You Think!