Festo introduces to Rockwell Automation customers at Automation Fair, November 16-20, a unique pneumatic valve manifold that enables up to Performance Level (PL)-d Category 3 safety through an integrated serial bus backplane for pneumatics. The “C-Bus” plug-and-play integration simplifies, speeds up, and lowers component costs when installing pneumatic safety circuits, which are specifically for safe exhausting and preventive start-up.
The new VTSA-F-CB (CB for C-Bus) valve manifold offers serial communication that enables up to three safety-shutdown-groups per manifold. The VTSA-F-CB is compatible with combinations of pilot air control valves, soft-start exhaust valves, proportional valves, and vacuum generators.
“The VTSA-F valve manifold platform, a long-standing product in automotive applications, now offers with its C-Bus variant the ability to control downstream valves and devices via an integrated C-Bus backplane,” said Frank Latino, Festo Product Manager. “The VTSA-F-CB can dramatically reduce the number of components and time required to set up a range of safety circuits. The solution provides Rockwell OEMs and end-users the ability to control valves with safe switched power zones and to monitor integrated sensors for safety feedback via Ethernet/IP.”
Visitors to the Festo virtual booth at Automation Fair will find an informational on-demand video of the VTSA-F-CB, a PowerPoint providing in-depth technical information, and the ability to chat with Festo personnel.
At Automation Fair, Festo also showcases:
• The next-generation remote pneumatic I/O system CPX-AP-I, which supports improved performance and easy commissioning
• CPX-IoT Gateway for IIoT and Industry 4.0 functionality
• CPX plus MPA for maximum function integration and serial communication for electrics and pneumatics
• IO-Link valves with Rockwell premier integration for fast commissioning and improved diagnostics
• And the revolutionary Festo VTEM intelligent valve pack.
Filed Under: Valves