Littelfuse (Chicago, IL) has introduced the LV UltraMOV Series of low voltage, high surge current, radial leaded varistors. They provide an ideal circuit protection solution for lower DC voltage applications by offering higher surge ratings than ever before available in such small disc sizes. Their high peak surge current rating provides superior protection against high peak surges, including indirect lightning strike interference, system switching transients and abnormal fast transients from the power source. Typical applications of these devices include LED lighting drivers, cordless phones, wireless base stations, audio devices, mobile phone chargers, security systems, fire alarm systems and automation control systems (PLCs). Features include:
- Breakthrough in low voltage varistor design provides high peak surge current rating.
- Reduced footprint and volume required for surge protection.
- High energy absorption capability.
- High resistance to temperature cycling.
- Optional phenolic coating.
- Lead-free, halogen-free, and RoHS compliant.
For more information, visit www.littelfuse.com.
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine), Surge protection