Ventev Wireless Infrastructure (Hunt Valley, MD), a division of TESSCO Technologies Incorporated [NASDAQ: TESS], has announced the Ventev Deployment Kit for the GE MDS Orbit Platform. The factory-direct Deployment Kit includes all of the components needed to deploy, power, and protect the GE MDS Orbit Platform, allowing industrial SCADA, wireless backhaul, and broadband communications users to quickly deploy the Orbit and virtually eliminate installation errors. The MDS Orbit Platform:
- Is GE’s next-generation wireless communications solution that integrates cellular, private, licensed, and unlicensed networks in one device.
- Delivers secure communication between field crews and industrial equipment.
- Brings valuable asset and operational data from the field to the operations center.
- Contains fully integrated, plug-and-play enclosures, batteries, cabling, mounts, and antennas for the public cellular networks; lightning arrestors, grounding protection, and weatherproofing components.
- Is available in three variations: LTE and Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi only, or LTE only.
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)