There’s no doubt that catenary sag is a real drag when it comes to conveyor belts. But that’s not an issue with the 2200 Series SmartFlex flexible chain conveyor platform.
To help prevent catenary sag, the conveyor comes with a weighted take-up module to help prevent the plastic chain belt from sagging underneath the conveyor during operation. Having sag in the conveyor belt is a safety issue as it creates potential pinch points in the system.
The weighted take-up module has an adjustable slot that compensates when the conveyor is operating to remove sag in the belt. By removing sag, the belt can interface with the frame more easily, allowing smoother belt tracking while reducing the risk of jamming or other faults. The module can also be positioned in various locations along the conveyor.
Accessories such as infeed and exit power transfers allow smooth end transfers for products as small as 3 in. in diameter. The conveyor easily integrates with Dorner’s other 2200 and 3200 Series low profile conveyor platforms.
Designed for the packaging, food, medical, industrial and assembly industries, the conveyor can be engineered to exact customer specifications in minutes and available in about five days.
Additional features include:
• Aluminum single-piece frame
• Navigates tight corners with wheel and plain bend options
• Multiple product transfer options for end and side transfers
• Available widths of 65 mm (2.6 in.), 105 mm (4.1 in.) and 150 mm (5.9 in.)
• Speeds up to 250 feet per minute
• Load capacity up to 600 lb
• Multiple chain types including low friction, friction insert, conductive, cleated, roller top and magnet top
Filed Under: TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS, Design World articles, Conveyors