HEIDENHAIN’s ROC 400 Series rotary encoders now connect directly to Fanuc controls with alpha or alpha-i interface, providing new levels of versatility for servo and spindle applications. Available with hollow or solid shaft options in single-turn and multi-turn configurations.
ECN/EQN 400F rotary encoders with integrated bearings feature stator couplings that compensate radial runout and alignment errors without significantly reducing accuracy. ROC/ROQ 400F rotary encoders for separate shaft coupling feature integral bearings and a solid shaft. The shaft coupling relieves the encoder bearing of additional loads that normally shorten service life.
Machine Tool Applications
- Servo axes
- Functional safety applications (regarding breakage of the shaft or stator coupling)
Features and Benefits
- Fanuc 05 serial interface with alpha or alpha-i mode
- Hollow or solid shaft options with single-turn or multi-turn configuration
- IP 67 protection on housing; IP 64 on cable inlet
- Up to 25 bits of resolution
- Maximum velocity up to 15,000 rpm