User-requested enhancements include the ability to flatten any surface, visualize and validate design performance, more efficiently communicate with manufacturing, quickly create marketing-quality images, and easily access commands.
The following are some of the top user-requested features, new products and enhancements included in the SolidWorks 2016 portfolio:
- Curvature Continuous Edge Fillets let you create super smooth blends or “curvature continuous” fillets faster for all fillet types, including asymmetric and variable sizes.
- Sweep command helps you create complex swept shapes with better results, and automatically create swept circular profiles in sections, with bi-directional sweeps in either or both directions.
- Thread Wizard lets you accurately model standard and custom-defined threads with one command.
- Breadcrumbs let you quickly and easily access any model without viewing the Feature Tree, and reduce mouse travel with the Breadcrumb in the cursor.
- Innovative design simulation tools deliver more control and insight over operation sequencing, loads, part movements, forces needed and mesh quality.
- Flatten Everything makes it easier to quickly and easily flatten complex geometry for manufacturing, easily identify strains induced when forming shapes back onto 3D surfaces, and introduce relief cuts for the flat pattern to alleviate excessive stretch/compression.
- Mate Controller helps you intuitively create and animate complicated assembly motion with calculation, control and visualization features.
- eDrawings facilitates collaboration and communication of designs throughout product development by consistently measuring designs, navigating between documents and more accurately visualizing models.
- SolidWorks Model Based Definition enhancements help you quickly and accurately define, organize and publish manufacturing specifications directly in 3D to avoid 2D drawing ambiguity and downstream discrepancies.
- SolidWorks Visualize (formerly Bunkspeed) helps generate high-quality graphics.