Pro/Toolmaker is a stand-alone software application that provides multi-CAD support for fully associative, reliable NC toolpath programming for Pro/Engineer® and other CAD systems.
Historically, molds and dies have been created in 2D CAD systems. Increasingly, they are being designed in 3D CAD/CAM systems. Pro/Toolmaker offers manufacturing engineers and machinists a package that includes NC post-processing and tooling libraries.
Use of this program lets design and manufacturing engineers work side-by-side to handle real-time changes to designs that lead to better manufacturability. Toolpath data can be managed in Windchill®, PTC’s content and process management software, to manage 3D CAD/CAM/CAE information in a centrally located system.
• Support for 5-axis positioning (3+2 machining)
• Automatic 3D roughing and rest-roughing
• Specialized core and cavity machining strategies with area clearance, core and rest-roughing
• Slope-based machining to allow for steep and shallow angle control
• Flat-surface machining to detect all flat surfaces
• Spiral and radial toolpaths
• Morph and boundary machining for surface finish
• Pencil single-pass and multiple-pass milling
• Rest-milling for all finishing toolpaths and tool shapes
• Multi-CAD support
Immediate support for six languages, including English, German, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. Support for Italian, Spanish and Korean languages expected later in 2007 PTC’s GPOST for creating and updating post-processors for any type of CNC machine.
:: Design World ::
Filed Under: 3D CAD, Software