CGI, Inc., the leading manufacturer of custom precision gearboxes, precision assemblies and mechanical sub-assemblies, today announced new machining capabilities to expand its gear fabrication offerings.
CGI has invested heavily in advanced gear-cutting equipment to deliver spur, helical, bevel, worm, and other gears in a variety of pitches and sizes. Its newest machinery will be on display at IMTS 2016 in the Koepfer America booth — North Building, B Hall – Gear Generation – N-6918. One of the first of these machines in the United States, this CLC 100-SZ CNC shaper is capable of shaping myriad parts in an array of sizes — including very fine pitch helical gearing.
“We’ll be producing higher-volume runs of several thousand parts at a time, but we will also use the machine to output low-volume prototype parts — thanks to the ease of setup and programming of this machine,” said Tim Pirie, Director of Manufacturing Systems and Technology at CGI, Inc.
“Because our new machines’ flexibility lets us output low volumes or high volumes, we can help customers through their entire product-development cycle. In other words, we can support everything from the initial design — and supply the initial handful of prototype parts — all the way through to high-volume production of several thousand parts at a time,” continued Pirie.
More after the jump.
CGI Inc. will also showcase its gear products and capabilities at IMTS 2016 at Booth E-4857 in the Motion, Drive & Automation hall.
Other recent CGI Inc. investments include two Koepfer MZ120 automated CNC gear hobbing machines, a Studer S33 CNC cylindrical grinder for grinding precision diameters, a passivation line and several elite multi-tasking machines.
CGI Inc. capabilities include:
- Engineering and design support from initial design and prototyping to full-scale production — collaborating with customers to design manufacturable components that meet or exceed requirements
- Design and assembly of fully assembled gearboxes with in-house grinding, turning, milling, Swiss-type, and multitask-machining capabilities for an array of designs
- Vertical integration including internal heat treating, laser welding, and electrical discharge machining (EDM)
- Execution of testing and validation to help customers obtain industry approvals
- Support of inventory management and KANBAN integration to streamline supply-chain management
About CGI Inc.
From Prototype to Production CGI Motion enables design excellence across a wide range of industrial applications. We thrive on customer driven innovation in precision gearbox, precision machined components and electro-mechanical assembly solutions ranging from aerospace systems to semiconductor applications. We are your design and manufacturing partner helping to differentiate your product, machine or innovation. Our team of problem solving engineers and product managers can bring your application to market on time and under budget. Whether it’s an improvement on a current design or groundbreaking new designs, CGI has the know-how and team to enable design excellence. Connect with us today to explore what CGI Motion can do for you.