The Metal Powder Industries Federation’s (MPIF) Awards Committee has announced the recipients of the 2017 MPIF Distinguished Service to Powder Metallurgy (PM) Award that recognizes individuals who have actively served the North American PM industry for at least 25 years and, in the minds of their peers, deserve special recognition.
2017 Award Recipients
(Company name in parenthesis indicates employer at time of retirement)
• Iver Eric Anderson, FAPMI, Ames Laboratory
• Diran Apelian, FAPMI, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
• Sherri R. Bingert, (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
• Matthew Bulger, NetShape Technologies, Inc.
• Dean Howard, PMT, North American Höganäs, Inc.
• Mark D. Kesterholt, (Rio Tinto Metal Powders)
• Sydney H. Luk, Royal Metal Powders Inc.
• Glen Moore, (Burgess-Norton Mfg. Co.)
• Thomas J. Pontzer, (Gasbarre Products, Inc.)
• JoAnne Ryan, Alpha Sintered Metals, Inc.
• Rohith Shivanath, Stackpole International (Canada)
• John Sweet, FMS Corporation
The awards ceremony will take place at the Industry Luncheon on Wednesday, June 14, 2017, during the POWDERMET2017 conference in Las Vegas.
Metal Power Industries Federation
Filed Under: Commentary • expert insight