PCB CAD tools have traditionally concentrated on the hard engineering issues, like impedance calculations and trace routing tools. But a desirable feature these tools could provide would be the ability to deliver information regarding the economic or supply-chain constraints that affect design times. Sunstone Circuits, the printed circuit board (PCB) prototype solutions provider, launched the newest version of its design software, PCB123® v4, which includes such a set of tools, enabling you to design with full knowledge of the budgetary and scheduling impacts of your design decisions, as well as the hard engineering information. The software has an intuitive CAD interface that lets you create new PCB designs quickly; giving you more freedom and flexibility in your schematic and layout editing.
In addition to more functions, the software is more user friendly and intuitive to use. According to Sunstone Circuits, this free industrial-grade CAD tool is setting a new standard in the industry.
Key features include:
• 500,000 new parts: Improved search function with complete access to parts libraries (Powered by Accelerated Design™)
• Data sheet availability: Research in ‘real-time,’ parts availability from Digi-Key.®
• Automated BOM (Bill of Materials): For ease in purchasing and assembly.
• New data importer: Gain efficiency by importing DXF files from mechanical CAD tools, removing tedious pain-points that slow down the design process.
• Buildable designs: Sunstone’s DRC/DFM rules are integrated into the software for more effective feedback and fewer design spins.
This software gives you better availability and research information, as well as up-to-date pricing for each component part registered in the Digi-Key® database. Many of the parts research elements in the Digi-Key website are also available inside the PCB123 tool. For example, while reviewing a part definition, you can click through to the datasheets, and the Digi-Key website product page for the part you are researching. Plus, the LiveBOM function means you can place an order for the exact components specified, direct from Digi-Key, with just one click of the mouse.
In addition to the enhanced relationship with Digi-Key, Sunstone Circuits has developed a new partnership with parts-libraries supplier, Accelerated Designs™, for its Ultralib product. This relationship supplies PCB123® v4 users access to over 500,000 new parts.
Filed Under: 3D CAD, Software