Pete Cain, the wireless solution planner for the Microwave and Communications division of the Electronic Measurements Group at Agilent Technologies, discusses the benefits of using envelope tracking, an approach to RF amplifier design in which the power supply voltage applied to the power amplifier is constantly adjusted to ensure that the amplifier is operating at peak efficiency for the given instantaneous output power requirements.
Pete also discusses how envelope sets the standards for future developments of amplifiers and the role that Agilent will play among these particular developments.
For more information about Agilent Technologies, visit http://www.home.agilent.com.
For additional references, check out the following:
- “Solutions and Measurement Tools for Use in Average Power and Envelope Tracking Design” guide
- ADS PA Design Series Part 5: Envelope Tracking Simulation & Analysis [Andy Howard]
- ADS Innovations in EDA Beyond CMOS vs GaAs – Finding the Best Technology Mix for a Handset PA [Matthew Ozalas]
Complimentary resources (posters, CDs, app notes and more) available to support your LTE development process, visit:
- Learn more about Long-Term Evolution (LTE) test and equipment from Agilent: www.agilent.com/find/lte
- Learn more about LTE-Advanced test and design from Agilent: www.agilent.com/find/lte-a
- Learn about 3GPP LTE and other Wireless technologies with these useful resources you can order and download today: www.agilent.com/find/Cellular-Forward
- Learn about New LTE-Advanced with these useful resources you can order and download today: www.agilent.com/find/lte-a-insight
Here is additional information that may be of interest:
- View archived webcasts in the LTE series and watch anytime: www.agilent.com/find/LTEwebcasts
- Learn more about the Agilent PXT Wireless Communications Test Set: www.agilent.com/find/PXT
- Learn more about the Agilent PXB Baseband Generator and Channel Emulator: www.agilent.com/find/PXB
- Learn more about the Agilent MXA Signal Analyzer: www.agilent.com/find/MXA
- Learn more about the Agilent X-Series Signal Generators (MXG, EXG): www.agilent.com/find/MXG
- Learn about LTE and its measurements in the LTE book written by 42 LTE experts: www.agilent.com/find/LTEbook
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)