W. L. Gore & Associates’ portable electronic venting team has launched the new www.gore.com/portableelectronics website to provide easier access to product information and performance data. The enhanced design of the new site enables customers to evaluate different venting options and assess Gore’s variety of unique solutions for the portable electronics industry.
On the new site, customers can easily locate venting solutions for a variety of applications such as mobile phones, scanners, cameras, laptops, tablets and cases. Because Gore’s venting solutions are so versatile, the website describes technical characteristics of the products and compares their performance in various environments to help in choosing the right vent based on challenges such as:
- consumer expectations such as a small, lightweight design with the durability level of ruggedized devices as discussed in a recent interview at CTIA
- reduced sound quality caused by transducer bias or waterproof coverings
- pressure buildup due to sudden environmental changes
- exposure to water and particulates that compromise performance of the electronics
- increased pressure due to water immersion such as when a consumer drops a device in a sink full of water or a puddle
In addition, videos, articles and technical documents are available with more in-depth content about designing electronics that are protected and maintain high-quality acoustic performance. For example, the website includes a variety of technical bulletins on improving product design and a white paper about Gore testing methods that Gore has developed specifically to address the unique challenges of small, portable devices.
According to Victor Lusvardi, global business leader for GORE® Portable Electronic Vents, today’s design engineers turn to the Internet first for information about solutions to their products. “Our new site provides more data about the different performance levels of our venting products, the standards they meet, and various design options, so engineers can take advantage of our 25 years of expertise and make an informed decision about the solution that is right for their device.” For more information about GORE® Portable Electronic Vents, visit www.gore.com/portableelectronics.
Filed Under: Rapid prototyping