eyeSight offers 3D gesture control using a single standard camera, available in most digital devices, with no need for additional hardware add-ons. The technology is 100% software-based.
eyeSight allows users to easily control various devices using simple hand and finger gestures. The company has also recently launched a single camera-based fingertip tracking solution, enabling highly detailed touch-free control of devices. The technology can be integrated in a variety of digital devices from mobile phones, to tablets, PCs, TVs, set-top-boxes, in-car infotainment systems, and more camera-enabled devices.
SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit Eases Development
SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit provides a platform capable of injecting faults, profiling run-time of fault diagnostics, and observing response in real-time to help evaluate safety-critical designs.
Texas Instruments, in collaboration with Hitex Development Tools, has introduced the new SafeTI Hitex Safety Kit, enabling developers to evaluate SafeTI components for use in their designs requiring compliance to functional safety standards such as ISO26262 and IEC 61508. Features include:
- A second MCU on the evaluation board, which acts as test control and monitor unit, and manages communication with the GUI.
- An on-board JTAG emulator, accelerometer, CAN transceiver, LCD module, temperature sensor, and host/debug interface with a USB HUB controller and a serial communication port converter.
- User-friendly documentation including a quick-start tutorial, user’s guide, hardware schematics, and documentation for the diagnostic library to help ease evaluation and kit use.
The SafeTI Hitex Safety Kits are available for order now from Hitex Development Tools.
JT2Go, the free viewing solution for 3D JT files, is now available for Windows 8 tablets. The app supports viewing assemblies, as well as PMI data and five sample JT files.
Standard features include:
- Zoom, Pan, Rotate, display of PMI.
- 5 sample JT files with PMI and transparent surfaces.
- Interact with the models using traditional mouse controls.
- Load JT files directly from your SkyDrive account.
- A SnapShot feature to copy a 3D view to the clipboard as a 2D image for use in documents and engineering notes.
JT2Go for Windows 8 can be installed from the Windows Store.
Online Simulation Tool
This free web-based tool enables users to test motor technology capability and performance as it applies to application demands
Fully evaluate TI InstaSPIN-FOC’s software-sensor-based sensorless control for variable speed and load applications using three-phase, synchronous or asynchronous motors. Within the online simulation, evaluators can select from a library of motors, customize speed and load profiles, and obtain simulation results within minutes.
- View each waveform with a variety of zoom and pan options.
- Perform numerous waveform analyses (e.g., period calculations, RMS, average).
- Print your results.
Access the InstaSPIN-FOC online simulation tool for free today.
Microchip Technology has announced the MPLAB REAL ICE Power Monitor Module, which enables designers to identify and eliminate code that consumes high current, in real time.
Microchip’s Power Monitor Module provides programmable power to the target, as well as sampling intervals, enabling users to run at specific voltage levels and see tailored measurements. Designers can also set a current break threshold level that breaks when exceeded, allowing them to pinpoint the code causing the spike and debug it. Other features include:
- An overall dynamic range up to 1 Amp.
- A voltage range from 1.25 to 5.5 V.
- A current profile graphing feature that displays measurements.
Filed Under: Rapid prototyping