This webinar was presented live on Wednesday, November 29, 2017. Click below to watch on demand.
One of the biggest challenges for modern industrial automation solutions is the demand to deliver high performance on one hand with low installation cost and easier maintenance on the other. The latest industrial Ethernet innovation from Beckhoff combines ultra-fast EtherCAT communication and industrial-grade power supply into one cable. This new EtherCAT P technology combines EtherCAT – the world’s leading industrial Ethernet fieldbus – along with power supply and peripheral voltage into one cable. This enables unrestricted network topology options to connect with and supply power to I/O, sensors, actuators motors, and measurement devices. Combining power and communication in this way not only reduces the cost of cabling and connectors, but also boosts flexibility in design.
After completing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the latest advances in industrial Ethernet technology that incorporate power and data on one standard cable
- Apply best-practices in EtherCAT P network architectures for industrial applications
- Understand how to migrate and retrofit existing systems toward One Cable Automation technology
- Understand how to implement a blended network when necessary – One Cable Automation directly connecting to traditional two-wire industrial Ethernet networks
- Consider all of the different industrial device types that can be connected via One Cable Automation
I/O Application Specialist
I/O Product Marketing
Filed Under: WEBINARS, Cables + cable management