A new series of the CD® Coupling – Series A1C high performance CD® couplings features high torsional stiffness and high dynamic load capacity. These couplings provide precise positioning under high speed reversing loads without fatigue for reliable 24/7 operation. In addition, they are excellent for reversing loads and provide smooth operation at high speeds. The design is compact to allow for a smaller assembly – enabling a smaller machine footprint.
Improved clamp style hubs handle larger shafts and higher torque. Shafts have increased clamping strength, eliminating the need for keyways for a cleaner, better balanced design.
All CD A1C components are made of premium materials:
• Precision machined hubs are made from ISO grade 7075-T6 aluminum.
• Hubs are black anodized to MIL-A-8625 Type 2, Class 2 finish.
• Recessed fasteners are ISO 4762 grade 12.9 socket head cap screws.
• Unique, composite disc made of high precision composite material that is manufactured to strict aerospace and Six Sigma practices. This material has excellent chemical and moisture resistance.
• All components tested with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software for perfect balance.
• Eco-friendly materials with no banned substances according to RoHS directive.
These couplings are precise, robust and available in six sizes. Torque capacities range from 40 Nm to 564 Nm with speed ratings from 6700 RPM to 15,000 RPM depending on model.
Filed Under: Coupling Tips