FCC Commissioner Mignon L. Clyburn announced the launch of her “Connecting Communities: Bridging the Communications and Opportunities Divide” tour.
Over the course of the next several months, the commissioner will visit communities throughout the country, where she’s looking to get first-hand opinions on the opportunities and challenges of bringing communications services to different communities in the U.S. The tour will be tweeted via #ConnectingCommunities.
Commissioner Clyburn is slated to do the following during the tour:
• Meet with rural and urban communities to hear their perspectives on the benefits and challenges of embracing 21st century communications services.
• Visit health care facilities using broadband to improve patient care.
• Meet with startups, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and providers of all sizes.
• Visit correctional facilities to understand the impact of inmate calling reform.
• Meet with entities focused on promoting diversity and enhancing opportunities for women and minorities.
• Tour Tribal lands to examine their unique communications challenges.
• Visit local 911 call centers to learn about their efforts to upgrade to Text-to-911 and Next Generation 911.
Filed Under: Industry regulations