The Compax3 series digital servo drives have four output currents: 50, 90, 125, and 155 amp RMS, with an input voltage range of 350 Vac to 528 Vac. The drives control both synchronous and asynchronous motors.
The drives feature auto-tuning, internal function generator on all units, support for Stegmann single- and multi-turn absolute encoders to dispense with limit switches and homing routines, many control levels; and industry standard fieldbus protocols, including DeviceNet, to fit any application. Also included are special software function modules for torque/force control. These modules let the user switch from position control to torque/force control on the fly.
All Compax3 drives ship with the feature-packed Compax3 ServoManager software package for commissioning the drive. The ServoManger program provides easy and intuitive diagnostic screens, graphical tuning utilities, an OS download tool, an s-curve acceleration calculator, and a motor configuration wizard to be used with non-Parker motors.
- The ServoManager package is provided free of charge and may be downloaded from the Parker Electromechanical Automation Web site, www.parkermotion.com.
- Also available at parkermotion.com is a complete video training tutorial for ServoManager.
- The “Compax3 Video Training Series” steps the user from beginning to end of commissioning the Compax3.
- There is a series for the drive-only (I10T10) units, a series for the indexers (I11T11), and a series for the advanced indexers (I12T11).
- A single series can be completed in as little as 20 minutes.
About Parker Electromechanical Automation
A division of Parker Hannifin Corporation’s Automation Group since 1987, Electromechanical Automation is a pioneer, developer and manufacturer of full-spectrum computer-based motion controllers, servo/step motor drives, servo motors and human-machine interfaces, positioning systems, gearheads and gear motors. These products automate the manufacturing of a significant fraction of the world’s goods and services. Electromechanical Automation products are sold via independent authorized Automation Technology Centers-a group of nearly 100 professional, highly trained organizations with more than 135 points-of-presence throughout the world-or directly from Electromechanical Automation by logging on to buy.compumotor.com.
Parker Hannifin Corporation
5500 Business Park Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
or 800-358-9068 (toll-free)
:: Design World ::
Filed Under: Factory automation, Drives (servo) + amplifiers, Motion control • motor controls
Tell Us What You Think!