It’s easy to say we need more kids interested in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), the challenge comes in finding ways to accomplish it. Whether it’s the toys they play with as kids, or the classes they take as students, we are experiencing a surge in the STEM movement to (at least) encourage children to develop the basic skills involved in engineering and science, so they can decide for themselves if it’s more of a future than an interest.
On this episode of Engineering Live, hosted by ECN Editor Kasey Panetta (@kcpanetta) our expert panel discuss:
- What inspired their own engineering journey?
- What we can do to further expose kids to the wonders of engineering.
- The challenges posed by STEM education.
The panel includes:
- Kaelly Farnham, Product Marketing Engineer at Keysight Technologies @KeysightEDA
- Thomas Economou, COO, Electromagnetic Technologies Industries, Inc
- Nick Soggu, (@nicknh) CEO of @Silvertech
- Stacey M. DelVecchio, (@staceydel) ECN Editorial Advisory Board Member, Former President of the Society of Women Engineers (@SWEtalk)
Tweet us your questions @ecnonline #engineeringlive
Filed Under: Industry regulations