New IXXAT SG-gateways from HMS Industrial Networks enable data exchange between infrastructure and energy networks based on IEC61850 or IEC60870-5-104, and common fieldbus and industrial Ethernet systems.
While industrial communication between devices and systems is typically done with fieldbus and industrial Ethernet, modern infrastructure and energy networks are based upon other protocol standards such as IEC61850 and IEC60870-5-104. The new IXXAT SG-gateways from HMS address the increasing need for data exchange between these two worlds, offering a wide protocol coverage and easy integration.
- Appropriate for applications requiring a connection between the IEC61850 or IEC60870-5-104 protocols, and popular industrial, building and metering standards such as Modbus RTU (master/slave),
Modbus-TCP (client/server), PROFIBUS, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, M-Bus, along with digital I/O’s
- Optionally offer data transmission via 3G modem, enabling wireless connection to e.g. control rooms
- Can be used to connect SCADA systems with industrial devices and machines in the field, serve as gateways between individual power producers and energy management software in Virtual Power Plants (VPP) and demand-response applications, or as means to enable a connection from IEDs (Intelligent Electrical Devices) to PLC systems from various automation vendors
- Fitting for water/wastewater management, within district heating, and gas networks, or within real network systems
- Special focus on easy integration and configuration
- Configured and programmed using the WEB-PLC-Tool
- Can process up to 8192 variables
Filed Under: Infrastructure