Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) today introduced the M9203A PXIe 12-bit High-Speed Digitizer/Wideband Digital Receiver running up to 3.2 GS/s, with up to 2 GHz instantaneous analog bandwidth. This high-speed digitizer is ideal for applications in wireless communication, emerging communication standards, radar and satellite communication and semiconductor automated test.
As a component of a Keysight solution, this wideband digital receiver allows microwave measurements. These modular solutions are highly adaptable and integrate core signal-analysis capabilities with hardware speed and accuracy, allowing engineers to tailor the systems to fit their specific needs.
The M9203A features a large FPGA that can implement different functionalities depending on the selected firmware option, such as:
- Custom firmware capability (-FDK) supporting the deployment of custom processing algorithm with the U5340A FPGA development kit. Integrating algorithms minimizes the need for additional circuitry and exploit the full density and speed of the digitizer.
- Triggered simultaneous acquisition and readout (-TSR), allowing sustained triggered acquisitions of thousands of samples at hundreds of kHz rates without missing any events.
- Wideband real-time digital down-conversion (-DDC) on each channels, enabling the user to tune and zoom on the signals of interest. The filters and local oscillators (LO) are fully synchronized allowing phase-coherent post processing.
- Digital down-conversion streaming and recording (-CB2), allowing users to capture and record a long duration of large frequency bands up to 320 MHz instantaneous bandwidth (IBW) on a single channel, or up to 200 MHz IBW on two phase coherent channels.
- Digitizer streaming and recording (-CB0), enabling to record the raw acquisition data.
- High fidelity digitizer (-BB1), providing enhanced performance by compensating the analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and the front-end distortion, minimizing the interleaves spurs and reducing the overall noise bandwidth.