Meller Optics, Inc. released a line of sapphire UV cell windows for Beckman® centrifuges that simplify field replacement and are impervious to acids, alkalis, plasma, and body fluids.
Meller Sapphire Centrifuge Windows are suited for use where chemical-, scratch-, and high-pressure resistance are required. Ideally suited for Beckman® centrifuges and similar instruments, they feature a scribed arrow on their edges to project the optic axis and simplify installation alignment.
- Measure 19.03 mm dia. ±0.03 mm by 5 mm thick ±0.10 mm
- Offered wedged one or two degrees and plano
- Chamfers 0.35 mm x 45 degrees in two places
- 30-5 scratch-dig surface finish
- Windows made from quartz are offered with a 10-5 scratch-dig surface finish and a 16.00 mm central clear aperture
Filed Under: Materials • advanced