Metropolitan Transportation Authority officials are frustrated over leaks that have plagued New York’s first new subway station in a quarter century.
MTA officials said at a board meeting Monday the leaks in the $2.4 billion Hudson Yards subway station are unacceptable.
The 1.5-mile extension of the No. 7 subway line was opened with much fanfare in September. While the leaks have been minimal, some riders have been hit by drops of water while riding escalators.
Spokesman Kevin Ortiz says the contractor, Yonkers Contracting, is paying $3 million to fix the leaks.
The contractor says it’s working to resolve the leak issue. Work began last week and could take up to three months.
Authority Chairman Thomas Prendergast says he’s asking an independent engineer to review the project’s construction, design and oversight.
Filed Under: Infrastructure