REM-C, a university / industry partnership is pleased to announce its formation. REM-C (Roboticists, Engineers & Manufacturers Consortium) was established to bridge the gap between university robotic programs and the engineering community.
REM-C is a non-profit organization, comprised of leading manufacturers and universities, dedicated to the advancement of robotic technology. The collective purpose of the membership is to inspire, innovate, identify technical challenges and provide engineered solutions to the robotics community.
Founding members Fischer Connectors, Harmonic Drive, Igus and maxon precision motors have identified over one hundred and forty (140) universities, in the United States alone, with dedicated robotic curriculums. The costs associated with maintaining these technically challenging programs, at a high level, often times exceed the university budgets. REM-C provides universities a means for;
- discount pricing from sponsoring partners
- added levels of technical support
- networking with a select group of leading manufacturers and educators with a common interest in robotics
- opportunities for financial support through grants and awards
- internships and employment opportunities
- website forum and technical resource www.rem-c.org
It was not that long ago that artificial intelligence and advanced robotic research efforts were quietly housed in the back room skunk works of engineering giant and government sponsored agencies. The same high level of robotic technology is now being taught in the classrooms and developed in the laboratories of universities across the country, states REM-C Board President Kirk Barker.