Designed for precision rotating components. Six short thin double tapered curved beams — two sets of three beams resulting in light radial loads for precision bearings. Misalignments up to 5°.
If you need help in selecting the correct part number or do not see your part number listed, please contact Rocom.
- All couplings have an inside relief so the shafts will not touch the beams at the maximum misalignment.
- Clamps are an integral part of the coupling and use a hex socket cap screw with black oxide finish. Tightening torques are the screw manufacturers’ maximum ratings.
- Set screws are 120° apart. All screws are hex socket steel with black oxide finish. Tightening torques are the screw manufacturers’ maximum ratings.
- G10 phenolic inserts available for thermal and electrical isolation are available for all Rocom couplings but must be requested separately.
- Coupling material is 2024-T3.51 aluminum with MIL A8625F Type II black anodize.
- Static torque is the maximum torque rating for each B1 bore. The correct dynamic torque safety factor should be determined by the customer in accordance with fast reversals, acceleration, deceleration, sudden stops, etc.
- Torque and torsional stiffness ratings are at maximum misalignment, not in a straight line.
- Mass and inertia are calculated with the specified B1 bore and the smallest B2 bore shown.
- Follow the installation procedures to ensure infinite life.
Filed Under: Coupling Tips