Ironwood Electronics recently introduced a new-high performance elastomer socket for 0.65mm pitch BGA package.
The small footprint allows inductors, resistors and decoupling capacitors to be placed very close to the device for impedance tuning. The socket also incorporates a simple hardware installation method so that ICs can be changed out quickly. The socket is designed for 20W power dissipation using heat sink compression screw with axial flow DC fan.
The SG-BGA-9002 sockets are constructed with high performance and low inductance elastomer contactor.
- Designed for a 25mm x 25mm package size and operates at bandwidths up to 30 GHz with less than 1dB of insertion loss (GSSG configuration)
- Contact resistance is typically 20 milliohms per pin
- Network analyzer reflection measurements for the G-S-S-G case were taken with all except the pins under consideration terminated into 50 Ohms
- Socket is mounted using supplied hardware on the target PCB with no soldering, and uses smallest footprint in the industry
- Temperature range is -35C to +100 C
- Pin self inductance is 0.118 nH and mutual inductance of 0.025 nH
- Capacitance to ground is 0.229 pF and mutual capacitance is 0.025pF
- Current capacity is 2 amps per pin
Filed Under: Capacitors, Materials • advanced