Stratasys Ltd., announced it has entered into an agreement with Xaar plc to purchase shares of Xaar 3D Ltd. that will increase Stratasys’s stake in Xaar 3D from 15 to 45%, with Xaar plc, through its fully owned subsidiary, Xaar 3D Holdings, having the remaining 55%. In addition, the agreement includes an option for Stratasys to acquire the remaining shares of Xaar 3D. The transaction is subject to Xaar plc shareholder approval.
The strategic investment by Stratasys is intended to enable Xaar 3D to accelerate the development of its additive manufacturing solutions based on High Speed Sintering (HSS) technology. These solutions are designed for end-use parts applications in low-to-medium production volumes, primarily in the industrial segment.
Xaar plc and Stratasys announced the formation of Xaar 3D Ltd in July 2018. The purpose of the joint venture is to develop High Speed Sintering additive manufacturing solutions that Stratasys can bring to market.
Filed Under: 3D printing • additive manufacturing • stereolithography