This webinar was presented live on Tuesday, December 18, 2018. Click below to watch it on demand.
In this webinar, we briefly review the basics of slip rings and outline their various design iterations. Then we explain how slip rings integrate into automated motion designs — and use several examples from industrial automation, robotics, wind turbines, and defense.
Topics to be covered in this slip-rings webinar:
- Construction and subcomponents of common slip-ring designs used today — including materials, contacts, electronics, wire harnesses, enclosures, and sensors commonly integrated into slip-ring assemblies
- Where slip rings make more sense than other approaches — and where they’re indispensable
- Industries where slip rings are on the rise (and why); IIoT capabilities with slip rings; power and data transmission considerations
- Electromechanical designs and combination slip-ring components; specifying standard and custom solutions; slip-ring offerings for extreme environments and settings requiring explosion-proof assemblies
- Signal purity, new modes for transmission, and where fiber-optic slip ring permutations excel
Filed Under: WEBINARS, Slip rings + rotary unions