MicroPower Direct introduced the IG120-20, a low-cost, miniature DC/DC converter. It is designed specifically to provide the asynchronous output voltage levels required to properly bias the gate drive of SiC semiconductors.
The IG120-20 is specifically designed for use in the driver circuits for SiC MOSFET devices. It simplifies the task of setting up the correct gate bias levels while also providing a high level of isolation to the gate drive circuit.
- Operates from a 15 VDC input, providing dual outputs of +20V and -4 VDC
- Recommended negative gate bias levels for most SiC driver circuits
- Output current is +100 mA
- Standard features include continuous short circuit protection, efficiency as high as 83%, and an input/output isolation level of 3,500 VAC (6,000 VDC)
- Approved to EN 60950 and has an MTBF (per MIL HDBK 217F) of greater than 3.5 Mhours
- Packaged in a miniature, 7-pin SIP case that requires very little board space
- Pin-out is industry standard and all case materials meet UL94-V0 requirements
- Operating temperature range of -40°C to +105°C with no heat sinking required
Filed Under: Industrial automation