Minneapolis, MN – Banner Engineering Corp. introduces the PresencePLUS® P4 IP68-rated, sealed OMNI vision sensor. Featuring a compact, yet durable nickel-plated aluminum housing, the P4 Sealed OMNI vision sensor withstands demanding washdown conditions–as well as dust and debris common in harsh-duty environments–with the use of an integrated ring light or lens cover.
Boasting Banner’s full suite of inspection tools, the P4 Sealed OMNI vision sensor performs reliable, repeatable quality inspections in challenging automotive, assembly, food handling, printing, pharmaceutical and packaging applications.
“Our IP68-rated vision sensors with their space-saving, rugged housing can be installed anywhere where shock and vibration might normally be a problem for general vision products,” said Dan Holste, director for Banner vision sensors. “They are also ideal for aseptic and industrial cleanroom environments, as well as anywhere dust, water and contaminants might be a problem.” Holste added, “Pair the sensor with Banner’s comprehensive suite of inspection tools, and you have an easy-to-apply vision inspection solution of extraordinary sophistication for significantly less than comparable systems.”
The P4 Sealed OMNI vision sensor offers advanced features that make it particularly useful in a variety of complex applications:
* Sealed, IP68-rated housing and connectors withstand dust, moisture and washdown
* Durable nickel-plated aluminum housing in a compact form factor tolerates shock and vibration
* Banner’s complete suite of location, inspection, analysis and geometric tools; can be used simultaneously for inspecting multiple features and complex applications
* Premium tools deliver enhanced inspection capabilities, including Bar Code Reading (BCR), OCR/OCV and Bead Inspection
* Proven user interface common to all PresencePLUS sensors
* Intuitive setup procedure and common graphical interface; supports nine languages
* Ethernet, serial, flexible discrete I/O and real-time video output in the same full-featured sensor
* Exports inspections, images and results using the Microsoft® ActiveX® platform
Filed Under: Factory automation, Electronics • electrical, Sensors (position + other), Test + measurement • test equipment, Vision • machine vision • cameras + lenses • frame grabbers • optical filters