Master Bond Polymer Adhesive EP21AOLV-1 is a two component, thermally conductive, electrically isolating epoxy adhesive, sealant and coating. This versatile system will adhere to a wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics and many plastics. While its primary use is for potting and encapsulating, it is also an excellent adhesive that forms high strength bonds. EP21AOLV-1 resists a wide range of chemicals including water, oils, fuels and many solvents. The service temperature range for this epoxy is -60°F to +250°F. Other noteworthy properties include a low coefficient of expansion, excellent dimensional stability, a high modulus and compressive strength. These physical properties combined with exceptional thermal conductivity and electrical insulation make EP21AOLV-1 highly desirable for a variety of applications. When used as an encapsulating system, it has extraordinarily convenient handling with a one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. Its ability to flow readily and smoothly is another benefit. The color of Part A is gray; the color of Part B is off-white. EP21AOLV-1 is widely used in the electronic, electro-optical and related industries where excellent heat transfer and electrical insulation are required.
- Convenient mixing: non-critical equal weight or volume ratio.
- Easy application: readily flowable when potting; brushable when bonding.
- Versatile cure schedules: ambient temperature cures or fast elevated temperature cures.
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates.
- Low coefficient of expansion, low shrinkage and superb dimensional stability.
- Superior durability, thermal shock and chemical resistance.
- Outstanding thermal conductivity, over 10 BTU•in/ft2 •hr•°F.
- Excellent electrical insulation properties.
- Long working life.
Filed Under: Adhesives • epoxies, Materials • advanced
Tell Us What You Think!