3D Systems (NYSE: DDD) announced the availability of Geomagic Control X 2018 inspection software, and the GibbsCAM 12, a CAM software for production parts.
Geomagic Control X 2018
Geomagic Control X 2018 builds upon its foundation to meet the demands of aerospace and automotive manufacturers.
With the same tools as the previous version of the platform, new features include a scanner-agnostic platform that simplifies and automates airfoil analysis, surface-analysis tools that instantly identify corrosion and denting, and comparative analysis tools. Users can import legacy files from Geomagic Control 2015.
Geomagic Control X 2018 can:
- Increase inspection efficiency by 50%. Calculation time has been reduced, enabling faster analysis during common inspection workflows. Geomagic Control X 2018 enables users to import, align, and compare quickly. In addition, model-based Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) assignment workflows, coupled with fast scan-pair searching, cut model setup and evaluation times by more than 50%.
- Increase efficiency in scan processing and evaluation. Taking advantage of an updated platform architecture, Geomagic Control X 2018 enables customers to more efficiently create inspection models as well as scan, evaluate, and communicate inspection results with newly customizable and intuitive reports.
- Automation and traceability. Geomagic Control X 2018’s automatic scan-pair searching operates in the background during inspection. This pairing map maintains the pair associations, allowing users to view, edit, and report, increasing the understanding of the connection between measurement and reference models. In addition, process automation reduces setup time.
- Unique measurement UX for portable probing devices. The engineers behind Geomagic Control X believe Live Inspect is the only measurement experience designed with natural interaction efficiency and operator comfort in mind. New features make it easier for the operator to follow guidance and instructions to complete a preplanned inspection job.
Current Geomagic Control X customers, under software maintenance, will receive an in-app notification to automatically update the platform.
GibbsCAM 12 is the latest version of 3D Systems’ CAM software for production manufacturing in high-end, Multi-Task Machining (MTM), mill/turn and production manufacturing. A single solution for all CNC machines, GibbsCAM 12 uses a single user interface for programming all CNC machines. Whether the customer needs simple or complex parts or uses simple or complex machines—GibbsCAM 12 handles it all with the same, familiar, efficient interface.
It includes an innovative user interface and increases productivity by 30% over previous versions. Post-processing capabilities continue to give users “world-class” quality code for their CNC machines.
GibbsCAM 12’s core benefits:
- An interface specifically for CNC programming: GibbsCAM 12 is built on a specialized platform for CNC programmers and machinists. The user interface allows fast, efficient programming, providing users with tools to program their parts, their way.
- In-house development of post-processors: Customers have access to more than 15,000 proven, error-free post-processors along with ongoing additions and custom post-processors created to customer’s exact specifications. This provides users with post-processors for virtually every machine/control combination on the market.
- Multi-Task Machining (MTM) programming capabilities: GibbsCAM 12’s MTM options suits a range of machines, such as complex MTM and Swiss-style machines, including attachments such as part catchers, vises, tailstocks, and robots. In addition, the Universal Kinematic Machining (UKM) technology lets users work with machines with any number of spindles and axes.
As part of this release, video training and curriculum are available for new and experienced users enabling them to get the most out of their software investments.
Current GibbsCAM customers, under software maintenance, will receive an in-app notification to automatically update the platform.
Available now. For more information, visit the GibbsCAM 12 website.
3D Systems is exhibiting at EMO Hannover 2017, hall 27, booth B69.
Filed Under: 3D printing • additive manufacturing • stereolithography, Robotics • robotic grippers • end effectors