Cognex Corporation has announced the release of the new DS1000 3D laser profiling system. The system calibrates
real-world units of measurement for inspections too difficult to perform with traditional two-dimensional machine vision. The new DS1000 3D sensor:
- Reads embossed or raised characters such as those on automobile tires
- Verifies the presence of low-contrast items in boxes or packages
- Identifies surface defects and chips with low or no contrast
- Measures heights and tilts of components to determine misalignment
- Calculates volumes and dimensions for food portioning.
DS1000 is an integrated system; a Cognex proprietary high speed sensor and laser are both enclosed in an IP65-rated industrial housing. DS1000 is available now. Watch a demo video and learn more at www.cognex.com/DS1000.
Filed Under: Lasers, Test + measurement • test equipment, Vision • machine vision • cameras + lenses • frame grabbers • optical filters